- Go to bed earlier. Many of you are not getting enough sleep and by enough I mean less than 5 hours per night. You may not realize it now but eventually it will catch up with you and when it does you are going to be in for a rude awakening. We all could use more hours in a day but unfortunately 24 is all we get! With that said, can you at least try to commit to going to bed earlier than usual at least one night per week. Choose a night that you have no early morning deadlines, nothing exciting is on TV, basically there are no pressing commitments. There has to be ONE EVENING you can treat yourself to that. Try it. You’ll be amazed at what a great night sleep will do for your body especially if you’ve not had it in a while.
- Drink lemon water. I almost always order a glass of water with lemon in it instead of soda, tea, or juice. Did you know that lemon water will curb your appetite? There you have it, two bonus features for drinking lemon water: curbs your appetite AND it’s free!
- Walk a mile 3-5 times per week. If you are typically confined to a desk during the day or you’re not able to get to the gym, walking will get your blood circulating. What I suggest is, if you are going by yourself carry your headset, download Pandora, and listen to something you enjoy. Going with someone is also distracting and fun. Before long you will be walking more than a mile.
- Have a green juice or smoothie. You know how I feel about juicing but blend if you prefer. Either way there are tons of nutritional benefits in both. Want to know more please read The Difference Between Juicing & Blending or 10 Frequently Asked Questions About Juicing.
- Meditation. I feel like people who are not used to meditating see this word and think it requires a huge commitment of time, well it doesn’t have to. Find a way to work it into your schedule. I’m telling you this could really jumpstart your day in a very positive way.
Everything I’ve suggested, are all things I do and swear by. All of the above are so easy to do and implement into your routine. Make an effort and give them a try.