What are the top ten things most men want from their women? Initially this blog read “5 Things Men Really Want from Their Women,” but after asking some of my male friends what they wanted they were pretty adamant about the following so I said what’s adding five more to the list! After reading the list, I’m curious to know if you were surprised by any of the responses and if so which one?
- Food. Women the bottom line is men want to be fed! I’ve said this numerous times, they don’t expect seven course meals daily but I think you could go out of your way to learn how to make a favorite meal or two for them. They will appreciate it. If take out is what works best then make it work, put some love into the presentation.
- Appreciation. All men want to feel appreciated just like we want to feel appreciated. Express this regularly and in various ways, verbally, with notes, with kind gestures, they will appreciate it all.
- Conversation. Men want to know they can have meaningful conversations with their women. My hubby is a financial advisor which means he watches the stock market daily. He is very much into world news and politics as well. I make it a point to know a little bit or at least be informed. At worse I will listen as he does his best to explain the intricacies of his work. My point, make an attempt to show interest in his likes so you can have a valuable and meaningful conversation.
- Self-Motivated. If we are driven and self-motivated that’s another reason for them to be proud to have us on their arms. It’s also very encouraging for them. Your gust and zing may be the boost they need to finally pursue that dream or work towards that goal.
- Honesty. Men want us to be honest with them in all areas of the relationship, from the bedroom to the kitchen. No one has time for the mind reading back and forth, so use your language and communicate openly and honestly with your mate about everything. He can’t fix something if he doesn’t know it’s broken.
- God-fearing. Serving God is also important to them especially when done together. Feel free to take the initiative in praise and worshiping with them as well.
- Love. They want to be loved not just physically but mentally and emotionally as well. This goes hand in hand with showing them how much they are appreciated.
- Support. Support and encourage them about their dreams and greatest desires, even if you don’t believe in them. If you don’t believe in them maybe you need to ask more questions before doubting them. Talk it out before negating what it is they want to do. Lack of understanding their plan will lead to discouragement.
- Respect. I’m not surprised by the last two. All men want to be respected and rightfully so. Give it and you shall get it in return. Be sure to read The Importance of Respect in a Relationship
- Sex. The biggie…SEX! Certainly you’re not surprised. I’ll keep this short and sweet, my theory (note…MY THEORY) give it to him whenever they want it, period, end of story, point blank!
Thought you may also like to know that they want the following as well:
- Women to be comfortable in their own skin and authentic.
- Women to be independent.
- Women to be feminine.