When it comes to relationships, what do women really want? What does it take to make them happy? The answer is…..NOT MUCH! The things that make women happy in a relationship are more simplistic and common than you may think. Sometimes I think men over-think this concept so I’m here to share with you those 5 things that your woman wants and needs:
- Quality time. Women who are unhappy in their relationships spend less than five minutes with their spouses. Quality time means at least thirty minutes or more of continuous time with your spouse, date night included. Turn off the TV, the phones, the computer, and all other electronic devices. Instead, possibly brew some tea, cuddle up on the sofa, massage each other’s feet and talk about each other’s day.
- Feeling rescued and protected. Even though I’m extremely independent and know I can do anything I want to, it doesn’t mean I want to run my household or “wear the pants in the relationship.” We all want our very own Superman. Even though there are many things that we, my hubby and I, take turns doing and share in the responsibility, there are some things I just don’t want to do like take out the trash, schedule oil changes for my car, go house hunting on my own. Men take the initiative and do these things for your woman, trust me they will love and appreciate you for it. We want to feel protected and coddled not smothered and covered!
- Being understood. We can tell when you are tuned in or out. Not only is it rude, it’s insensitive and hurtful. It implies you don’t care and would rather be doing something else. Listen attentively when your wife wants to talk. If it’s important to her it should be important enough for you to listen.
- Feeling appreciated. Men take the time to not only tell your wife that you appreciate her but show her as well. You know we wear many hats and often times wear multiple hats without thinking about it so please tell/show us that you value what we do i.e. cooking, cleaning, chauffeuring the kids back and forth, etc. etc. etc. etc. Place a single rose on my pillow with a simple note that says “thank you.” This move is priceless!
- Kind gestures. Sending your wife a spontaneous text message saying something like “you’re truly the love of my life,” might earn you brownie points in the bedroom later that night. Any sort of physical touch could also spark the flames, a hug, kissing, and a soft tap on the derriere all of which only takes seconds to do! The rose on the pillow too might I add if you missed it the first time 😉