My journey on blogging began 2011. Initially I was intrigued by the idea but quickly realized it was like having another full-time job. You have to enjoy it that much to want to commit so much time to it. I enjoy blogging because I realize my blogs are inspiring to those that read them and I find that truly rewarding; people actually want to hear what I have to say. Anyhoot here are some basic tips if you decide to embark on the adventure:
- Blog often. Once you have followers they will want to hear from you regularly. Blogging is fun and can be rewarding, however it’s a lot of work and involves hours of research. Be prepared you’ve been warnedJ
- Share some of your personal experiences. Viewers want to know that you can relate to them so make your stories relatable and conversational.
- Use pictures and videos. People are visual and they want to “see” what you are talking about not just read about it.
- Keep it fresh and clean. K.I.S.S. (keep it simple & stupid). You want your site to be inviting not confusing. Changes should be minor and subtle.
- Give credit where credit is due. Be polite and link back to pages and acknowledge your sources.