The way my life has been for the past two years, I stand in awe and amazement that I overcame. With that said, when you don’t know what else to do, you’ve run out of options (at least so you think), try praying. My relationship with God has increased exponentially, especially. I’m not implying that everything is perfect because of it, that’s impossible because we live in an imperfect world. What I am saying is that I deal with “things,” life a little better and truly focus on it one day at a time.
During my time alone I try to focus on things like: the mere fact I woke up, I can see, breathe, smell, I have running water, etc. The little things we often take for granted. I give thanks for all that I’ve accomplished like having a thriving acting career and writing a book. I thank God for the special people in my life and for the love and support of a wonderful husband and two healthy and thriving kids, etc. I can truly spend hours JUST giving thanks. I believe in a higher power and I’m here to tell you that there is tremendous power in prayer. I’ve been more disciplined in my meditation process than ever before and I plan and diving even deeper. Here’s what I know:
- God delights in answering our prayers
- Here are 4 conditions necessary for answered prayers:
- Pray according to the will of God
- Forgive everyone and harbor no secret grudge in our hearts
- Do not pray in doubt; trust in God
- Agree in prayer with someone
- His answer to your prayers will be in the form of one, any, or a combination of the following:
- He can say yes to your prayer
- He can say wait to your prayer
- He may need you to be more specific
- He can say no, or finally
- He can answer but doing exceedingly and abundantly above what we ask for
Establish a pattern of prayer for your life. Sit back and watch in amazement at His wonderful works. You will be glad you did!