- Carambola – 2
- Sweet Potato – 1
- Coconut Water – 1 can
- Ginger – 1″ thumb (optional)
- Carambola – helps to lower cholesterol; great for headaches;
- Sweet Potato – great antioxidant, rich in vitamin A; great against cancer and heart disease
- Coconut Water – rich in potassium; great for hydration
- Ginger – what I know for sure is that ginger is excellent for morning sickness, nausea, and/or an upset stomach. It may also “slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells and the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.” It helps make blood platelets less sticky which in turn reduces your risk of atherosclerosis. The anti-inflammatory (gingerols) and anti-oxidant properties in ginger help relieve various inflammatory disorders like gout, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. It provides substantial relief in pain caused by inflammation and help decrease swelling and morning stiffness. (see source below)
Directions if using the Breville 5-speed: process all hard fruits and veggies on 5, greens on 1. Blend carambola and coconut water first in the Bullet, juice the other ingredients in Breville and then combine.
Source: http://www.naturalfoodbenefits.com/display.asp?CAT=1&ID=29 for the carambola
Photo Credit: http://www.naturalfoodbenefits.com/display.asp?CAT=1&ID=29
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here on Debra’s Daily Dose are strictly for educational and informational purposes. These recipes are not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice. Always consult with a trained physician or other health care professional regarding your individual health care or needs. These recipes should not be used as a substitution as a consultation with your doctor regarding your health condition.