- Green Apples – 1
- Lemon – 1/2
- Beet – 1
- Carrots – 2
- Orange – 1 peeled
- Ginger – 1″ thumb (optional)
- Green Apples – Great for lowering your LDL (the bad cholesterol) and it’s also helps prevent some cancers in particular breast cancer.
- Lemon – lemon juice aids the bowels and helps them to eliminate waste more efficiently, curing bowel problems such as digestion and constipation in turn reducing the risk of colorectal cancer.
- Beet – a great source of folic acid; high in potassium which helps control blood pressure.
- Carrots – beta carotene in carrots are excellent for eyesight; keeps skin young looking and supple
- Orange – packed with vitamin C; fuels immune system against infections; helps to maintain healthy teeth, bones, and gums
- Ginger – what I know for sure is that ginger is excellent for morning sickness, nausea, and/or an upset stomach. It may also “slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells and the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.” It helps make blood platelets less sticky which in turn reduces your risk of atherosclerosis. The anti-inflammatory (gingerols) and anti-oxidant properties in ginger help relieve various inflammatory disorders like gout, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis. It provides substantial relief in pain caused by inflammation and help decrease swelling and morning stiffness. (see source below)
Directions if using the Breville 5-speed: process all hard fruits and veggies on 5, greens on 1
Photo Credit: www.stylecraze.com
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here on Debra’s Daily Dose are strictly for educational and informational purposes. These recipes are not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice. Always consult with a trained physician or other health care professional regarding your individual health care or needs. These recipes should not be used as a substitution as a consultation with your doctor regarding your health condition.