- Kale – 2-3 stalks
- Cucumber – 1 large
- Spinach – 1 bunch
- Celery – 2 stalks
- Green Apples – 3 medium
- Ginger – 1″ thumb (optional)
- Kale – great for fighting cancer in particular colon cancer. Kale is a great source of calcium and is a good solution to increase bone density, or simply just for building normal healthy bones. These green leaves are also found to reduce the bad cholesterol levels. It is even more effective when juiced with parsley, green apples and lemon.
- Cucumber – Cucumber juice is diuretic, encouraging waste removal through urination. This also helps in the dissolution of kidney stones. The silicon and sulfur content in cucumber juice makes it especially helpful in promoting hair growth. Drink it mixed with carrot, lettuce or spinach juice. (source below)
- Spinach – Spinach juice when combined with carrot juice, effectively restore this disorder caused by deficiency of vitamin C and too much consumption of refined sugar. A recent study also shows that certain protein compounds in spinach are beneficial in lowering high blood pressure. The high fiber content in spinach makes it a remarkable intestinal tract scrubber. It cleans out the system by removing the accumulated wastes in the digestive tracts by its mildly laxative effect. More importantly, it also repairs, heals and nourishes the tracts and tones up their functions. An excellent help for constipation, colitis, poor digestion or stomach ulcers. (source below)
- Celery – Celery is known to contain at least eight families of anti-cancer compounds. Among them are the acetylenics that have been shown to stop the growth of tumor cells. Phenolic acids which block the action of prostaglandins that encourage the growth of tumor cells. And coumarins which help prevent free radicals from damaging cells. The natural laxative effect of celery helps to relieve constipation. It also helps relax nerves that have been overworked by man-made laxatives. (source below)
- Green Apples – Great for lowering your LDL (the bad cholesterol) and it’s also helps prevent some cancers in particular breast cancer.
- Ginger – what I know for sure is that ginger is excellent for morning sickness, nausea, and/or an upset stomach. It may also “slow the growth of colorectal cancer cells and the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center found that ginger powder induces cell death in all ovarian cancer cells to which it was applied.”
Directions if using the Breville 5-speed: process all hard fruits and veggies on 5, kale and spinach on 1
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here on Debra’s Daily Dose are strictly for educational and informational purposes. These recipes are not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice. Always consult with a trained physician or other health care professional regarding your individual health care or needs. These recipes should not be used as a substitution as a consultation with your doctor regarding your health condition.