Eating healthy these days can be so confusing and at times challenging. Today broccoli is good for you, tomorrow it isn’t. Common slogans and sayings: choose organic foods, acai berries the new secret to losing weight, drink pomegranate juice for a healthier heart, and it goes on and on and on and on. However, as challenging and as confusing as it may seem there are some pantry items, store bought treats, stick to your thighs, artery clogging foods that are definitely not good for you and will always be on the what NOT to eat list. There are no ifs’ or buts’ about it! These culprits, some of my favorites I will admit, are our worse enemies.
5. Sodas, Juice, Caps & Fraps – a white chocolate mocha, small, have 450 calories in it. Have this in the morning what do you eat for the rest of the day? Drink God’s juice………water! My personal favorite, freshly made juice.
4. Avoid everything in MacDonald’s, King Burger, Mendy’s, Taco Ring and Check Mate – LOL; don’t be hoodwinked by the small bag of sliced green apple! You know you’re not getting it! Every one of these places have something I like, however I’m pretty good at avoiding them 99% of the time.
3. Potato Chips – <sigh> sometimes my cravings for Lay’s plain potato chips are so bad I could cry. An entire aisle is dedicated to chips for crying out loud. The solution, AVOID the aisle completely. Go down the yogurt and cheese aisle instead!
2. White Bread – how are you supposed to enjoy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without white bread? The best part is when it sticks to the roof of your mouth. My healthier solution, sliced red apples with peanut butter, yummy!
1. Cakes, pies & Krispy Kreme Donut – one single glazed original donut has 200 calories, not terribly bad BUT who on planet Earth eats one?
Look summer is around the corner and this is not look we are wanting when it’s time to put on those bathing suits. Maybe it’s time to spring clean your pantry!