After posting pics of my recent roast beef dinner the requests have been non-stop so here you go:
- Step 1: Dice 10 cloves of garlic, 1 small onion or 2 shallots, 1 medium bell pepper, lots of thyme
- Step 2: Place in container and add your favorite seasonings and stir. I added black pepper, salt, soy sauce, 1 packet of beef seasoning, & olive oil
- Step 3: Make sure your meat is at room temperature prior to stuffing.
- Step 4: Poke holes into the meat and stuff it with your mixed seasonings. Let it sit for an hour or so.
- Step 5: Sear on all sides on stove top or you could broil it in the oven.
- Step 6: Once seared, place your roast in a baking dish, pour all your leftover seasoning on top and cover. Bake on 400 for 40 minutes. If it’s over done it will be dry. Check it after 30 minutes.
- Step 7: Let it cool before cutting, then serve. Pictured here with Fried plantains and Jamaican rice and peas.
How to make rice and peas Jamaican style:
- Step 1: In your pot used to cook rice, add one can of coconut milk (not cream), 1 can of chicken broth, 1/4 cup of water. Tehn cut up 3 stalks of scallion and thyme and add to pot. Also add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and black pepper, 3 cloves of crushed garlic, peel a piece of ginger crush and place in pot as well. Let this boil for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Step 2: Add 1 can of pigeon peas, stir. Also add a sliver of butter or a teaspoon of EVOO.
- Step 3: Add 2 cups of rice and stir. While cooking on medium heat let the water evaporate but not completely leaving the rice dry. A thin layer of water should be visible then cover and reduce to low heat. The remaining water and steam will cook rice in about 20 minutes. Do not stir until done.