- 1 cup of frozen spinach
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of almond or cashew milk
- **Optional – 1 tbs of chia seeds, flaxseeds, or hemp seeds
- Spinach – there are tons of benefits from spinach. You could spend the entire day researching and your results would be endless. I think this is a consistent and accurate summary of the benefits of spinach. “The benefits of spinach is that this is a heart-healthy food. It’s an outstanding source of vitamins C and A which are antioxidants that help reduce free radical amounts in the body. The antioxidants work to keep cholesterol from oxidizing. In addition, folate is good for a healthy cardiovascular system, as well as magnesium, a mineral that helps to lower high blood pressure.”
- Banana – not only is this sweet half moon delicious and one of the most popular fruits on the planet, it also very valuable to our system as it aids in digestion, it contains little fiber, it has antioxidants and it’s only about 100 calories.
- Blueberries – heart healthy fruits and are great at fighting cholesterol which in turn decreases the risk of heart disease. It is one of the highest antioxidant fruits in the world.
- Adding any type of seeds simply increases the benefits and potency of your smoothie.
The opinions expressed here on Debra’s Daily Dose are strictly for educational and informational purposes. These recipes are not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, or medical advice. Always consult with a trained physician or other health care professional regarding your individual health care or needs. These recipes should not be used as a substitution as a consultation with your doctor regarding your health condition.